Biology at its best
Adventure Education Environmental Insights in conjunction with NRA Services has evolved from a 40 year history with an ongoing mission to provide excellence in Marine and Coastal environmental education and to significantly raise the level of awareness of the ecological diversity of the local area. Using experienced and qualified staff as local field guides and presenters combined with the resources of our state of the art marine museum of natural history and in conjunction with new on site purpose built accommodation and full or self catering options students and teachers will have the opportunity to experience first hand our local Rocky Shore, Mangroves, Sand dunes, Beach, Wallum heathland, Temperate forest and reef ecosystems.
We specialize in these environments as they:
- Are easy to access, safe to investigate and in proximity to the on site accommodation and resource centre;
- Relatively pristine and offer classical representation of their ecotype;
- Can all be negotiated in a single day or 2-4 day field trip;
- Present all the key parameters that enable schools and special groups to achieve syllabus or desired outcomes in several disciplines
Our aim on our field trips is to
- Corroborate and supplement school educational directions and syllabus outcomes across a broad age group spectrum from lower primary to Year 12,Undergraduate students, and TAFE;
- Assist teachers in achieving their field study aspirations by providing immediate corroboration through on the doorstep practical field encounters in all 5 coastal benchmark ecosystems .
Our presentations and in the field support assist with:
- Biological basis for plant and animal adaptation;
- Species Identification;
- Abiotic and Biotic features of ecosystems;
- Food webs and interactions;
- Animal Behavior;
- Ecology and biodiversity;
- Eco synergy;
- Species distribution;
- Habitat selection;
- Taxonomy; Classification
- Prey predator relationships;
- Population control;
- Ecological and Biological Homeostasis and;
- Human Impact on coastal ecosystems.
Our target groups for these field trip programs are:
School years 5-12 studying QLD and NSW Biological Science; Science 21; Marine Studies and Marine and Aquatic Practices Years 8-12; Junior Science; Primary Science and Nature studies; Art and Geography.
Does one of your students need some one on one assistance with their field investigations to complete their report. Then give Rhett a call. 0403194507. Personalised professional time in the field and museum $40 per hour.