1-4 Night Camps
Biology,Earth Science,Geography and Marine Studies Field study trips for the 2019 new Australian Syllabus
We specialize in these environments as they:
- Are easy to access, safe to investigate and in proximity to the on site accommodation and resource centre;
- Relatively pristine and offer classical representation of their ecotype;
- Can all be negotiated in a single day or 2-4 day field trip;
- Present all the key parameters that enable schools and special groups to achieve syllabus or desired outcomes in several disciplines
Our aim on our field trips is to
- Corroborate and supplement school educational directions and syllabus outcomes across a broad age group spectrum from lower primary to Year 12,Undergraduate students, and TAFE;
- Assist teachers in achieving their field study aspirations by providing immediate corroboration through on the doorstep practical field encounters in all 5 coastal benchmark ecosystems .
Our presentations and in the field support assist with:
- Biology field topics that may include:
- Determine Simpsons Biodiverisity Index of a group of organisms
- Use the process of stratified sampling to collect/analyse primary biotic and abiotic field data to classify an ecosystem
- Select and appraise an ecological surveying technique to analyse standard deviation between 2 spatially variant ecosystems of the same classification
- Measure abiotic factors
- Conduct an abundance and distribution study
- Study abundance of each trophic level in a food chain
- Measure wet biomass
- Test the competitive exclusion principle hypothesis by studying vertical zonation
Our target groups for these field trip programs are:
School years 5-12 studying QLD and NSW Biological Science; Science 21; Marine Studies and Marine and Aquatic Practices Years 8-12; Junior Science; Primary Science and Nature studies; Art and Geography.
Does one of your students need some one on one assistance with their field investigations to complete their report. Then give Rhett a call. 0403194507. Personalised professional time in the field and museum $40 per hour.